Holiday Camp Terms & Conditions - Risk Warning

Kincoppal-Rose Bay Holiday Sports Camps Terms & Conditions

Waiver: School Holiday Sports Camps Terms & Conditions

By enrolling my child into a Holiday Camp, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions below.

Payments and bookings

1. Payment must be made in full at the time of registration in order to secure a booking. A receipt confirming the details of the booking will be received after the payment has been confirmed.
  2. By enrolling your child/ children, you must advise of your consent to authorise KRB staff to use for publicity and advertising purposes, photographs of participants taken at camp.
  3.  All relevant medical, behavioural or additional information must be declared at the time of registration.
  4. KRB does not accept responsibility for any items lost or stolen in and around the venue, this includes items placed in bags or lockers.

Child drop off/collection and transportation

1.  The authorised parent or guardian must sign their child/ children in and out of the School Holiday every morning and afternoon.
  2.  At the conclusion of Holiday Camp if a child has still not been collected an additional fee of $20 per child per 15 minutes after pick-up time will be charged. This fee needs to be paid in cash at pick-up.

Refunds and cancellations

1. Please note that due to a requirement to book staff in advance to match the number of students who have registered, we are unable to offer refunds for cancellations. We understand there are exceptional circumstances and a refund request can be reviewed. 

Behaviour Guidelines

All participants have the right to be involved in a positive environment, maintaining positive relationships throughout; bullying, inappropriate comments or touching of any kind will not be tolerated.

The health, safety and well-being of all participants and staff is paramount; all participants must follow safety guidelines and instructions given by any member of KRB staff.

Should a participant feel their rights are not being maintained, they should approach staff who will begin an investigation as soon as possible.

Actions for behavior management

Failure for any participant to uphold the behavior guidelines may result in the following:

1. KRB staff will remind the child/ young person about appropriate behaviour and sport specific instructions
  2. If inappropriate behaviour persists either:
  • Supervision will be increased, for example bring the child/ young person closer to the coach
  • The participant may be removed from the group for a short time (5- 10 minutes) to give them time to reflect on their actions.
  1. Depending on the severity and persistence of the misbehaviour parents are contacted.
  2. If a child’s behaviour does not improve despite all efforts, KRB may have to ask the parents to remove the child from the program. This is an extremely rare situation and would only ever be a last resort.

KRB reserves the right to refuse or terminate enrolment if there is a breach of the Camp Behaviour Guidelines. Any costs incurred as a result of damaged property will be charged to the parent/guardian.

No refund of the program fee will be provided to participants removed for behavioural reasons.

Release

I am aware that recreational, fitness and sporting activities and lessons carried out by Kincoppal Rose Bay School involved in the KRB School Holiday Camp Program are dangerous undertakings and in undertaking such activities do so at my minor child/ward’s or own risk.

I recognise that such activities require physical exertion and use of equipment which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved. 

I am also aware that it is a condition of admission to the KRB School Holiday Program, That KRB, its directors, staff, contractors, instructors, members, servants or agents are absolved from all liability howsoever arising from injury or damage including to property, howsoever caused (whether fatal or otherwise) arising out of participation in the KRB School Holiday Camp Program or from participating in any of the sporting, fitness and recreational activities offered by KRB, or in any way whatsoever due to any negligent act, breach of duty, default and/or omission on the part of KRB, its directors, instructors, members, servants or agents.

I DO HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE that of my own free will and desire I voluntarily agree to assume the risk or any injuries, damages or loss, regardless of severity that my minor child/ward may sustain as a result of being a participant in the activities connected with or associated with my minor child/ward’s involvement with the KRB School Holiday Camp Program and that I have read and understood the warning above.

By enrolling my minor child/ward I authorize KRB staff and contractors to obtain such medical assistance as they deem necessary and I agree to meet these expenses.

I forever discharge and release all parties from any and all claims for injuries, damages, or loss that my accrue to my minor child/ward arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with these activities.

Risk Warning Under Section 5M of The Civil Liability Act 2002 on behalf of Kincoppal-Rose Bay School, AHIGS and IPSHA

Sporting and Other Activities 2016

Kincoppal – Rose Bay organises many individual and team sporting activities during the course of a year. Some of these are organised in conjunction with the Association of Heads of Independent Girls’ Schools NSW (AHIGS) and some with the Independent Primary School Heads’ Association of Australia NSW (IPSHA). Students participating in these sporting activities take part in practice and in competitions.
    Kincoppal Rose Bay, AHIGS and IPSHA expect students to take responsibility for their own safety by wearing compulsory safety equipment, by thinking carefully about the use of safety equipment that is highly recommended and by behaving in a safe and responsible manner towards team members, opponents, spectators, officials, property and grounds.
    While Kincoppal– Rose Bay, AHIGS and IPSHA take measures to make the sporting activities as safe as reasonably possible for participants, there is a risk that students can be injured and suffer loss (including financial loss) and damage as a result of their participation in these sporting activities, whether at training or in actual events.
    Such injury can occur while the student is engaging in or watching a sporting activity, or travelling to and from the event. The injury may result from a student’s actions, the actions of others, the state of the premises or equipment failure.
    On some occasions, an injury can be serious (such as torn ligaments, dislocations, back injuries, concussion or broken bones). In very rare cases an injury can be life threatening or result in permanent disability. If a student has a pre-existing injury, participating in a sporting activity could result in an exacerbation of that injury.
    Students could also suffer loss as a result of their personal property being lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.

Non-Sporting Activities 2016

Kincoppal – Rose Bay School organises many activities such as debating, mock trial, orchestra, choir, drama and public speaking during the course of a year. Students participating in these activities take part in practice and in competitions. The Association of Heads of Independent Girls’ Schools NSW (AHIGS) administers and convenes inter - school activities (such as Archdale Debating and Festival of Speech) in which many students, including students of this school, participate.
    While Kincoppal – Rose Bay School and AHIGS take measures to make the activities as safe as reasonably possible for participants, there is a risk that students can be injured and suffer loss (including financial loss) and damage as a result of their participation in these activities, whether at practice or in actual events.
    Such injury can occur while the student is engaging in or watching a non-sporting activity, or travelling to and from the event. The injury may result from a student’s actions, the actions of others, the state of the premises or equipment failure (e.g. a collapsed stage during a debating competition).
    On some occasions, an injury can be serious (such as torn ligaments, dislocations, back injuries, concussion or broken bones). In very rare cases an injury can be life threatening or result in permanent disability.

Privacy Statement

The personal information provided during registration is collected by Kincoppal-Rose Bay. Kincoppal-Rose Bay abides by the Commonwealth Privacy Act ,2000 and Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act ,2012.

Thank you for your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
    There was a problem sending your message.
    All fields are mandatory!
    Quick Enquiry

Would you like to ask us a quick question? If so please fill in your details below and we will respond to your enquiry shortly.

Send Enquiry
    All fields are mandatory!
    Quick Enquiry

Send Enquiry