Sport & Recreation

SPORT & FITNESS

TENNIS

Programs offered at Kincoppal-Rose Bay are:

Hot Shots: ELC to Year 5 Students

MLC Tennis Hot Shots is Tennis Australia’s official development program especially designed for children. Smaller courts, racquets and softer tennis balls that don’t bounce too high make learning tennis fun and easy. The tailored equipment ensures children are introduced to tennis in an environment which is suited to their age and skill level which enables them to start rallying, having fun and enjoy success right from their first tennis experience.
The courts are smaller too, which makes it easier for children to play on. It also helps students develop realistic footwork patterns and encourages them to use all parts of the court. There are four progressive stages each identified by a colour– Blue, Red, Orange and Green – that help to develop children’s skills and confidence.

Group of 2 Tennis Lesson: Junior and Senior School

Group of 2 lessons are more intense and recommended to students who are focused on improving their skills and playing competitive tennis. Students will quite often be joined on court with their coach to participate in hitting drills and specific match play exercises.

Group of 3 Tennis Lesson: Junior and Senior School

A group of 3 Tennis lesson is a nice way to enjoy tennis with class friends of a similar age and standard. There is more social interaction in this lesson and it is a good balance between developing skills and having fun with tennis.

Individual Tennis Lesson: Junior and Senior School

Individual tennis lessons are suitable for students of all ages and standards. Some students prefer to take lessons on their own rather than in a group. Coaches work on specific technique each week to assist with technical development.

Junior School Tildesley Squad: Years 2 - 6 (Standard to be approved by Coaches)

The Junior School Tildesley squad is for the more advanced Junior School tennis athletes who would like an opportunity to develop their match play skills and work towards representing KRB in IPSHA Tennis and Tildesley. Technique is developed, along with fitness, movement and the ability to serve and return at a consistent level.

Friday Afternoon Tennis Competition: Years 3- 8 (Suitable for players who can serve and rally the ball)

Friday afternoon tennis competition is supervised by one of our coaching staff at KRB. Students will play matches while our coach works with them on court positioning, scoring, tactics and understanding the game of tennis in a match situation.

Future Tildesley Squad: Year 6 and above (Standard to be approved by Coaches)

The Future Tildesley Squad is for senior school students (And a handful of Year 6 students) who are just below the standard of the KRB Tildesley Team. The training includes time on court and also a fitness program. Training runs all year round.

Tildesley Tennis Squad: Senior School (Standard to be approved by Coaches)

The Tildesley Tennis Squad is for the top tennis players at KRB. The team trains year round twice per week (Term 1). The Tildesley Tennis tournament is on at the end of Term 1 and there are other events and tournaments during the year. 

GYMNASTICS

The Gymnastics Accomplishment conducts classes for girls and boys in artistic and rhythmic gymnastics. Artistic gymnastics uses vault, bars, beam, floor and trampoline to teach students various skills for their age and ability. Rhythmic gymnastics is a sport in which individuals or groups manipulate one or two pieces of apparatus: rope, hoop, ball, clubs, ribbon or freehand (no apparatus).

The Gymnastics Accomplishment involves competition for girls and boys at IGSSA, IPSHA, State Championships and invitational competitions.

Recreation Classes - Artistic Gymnastics

This class is for children who are beginners (1-1:25 hours) and Intermediate (1.5-2 hours) gymnasts. These gymnasts learn skills on vault, bars, beam, floor and trampoline.

Level 1

This class is for gymnasts who attend once or twice a week and want to compete at competitions or further their gymnastics skills.

Level 2

This class is for children who attend gymnastics twice or more a week and want to compete in state trials and school competitions.

Level 3

Levels 4 – 6

This class is for children that have achieved a high level of gymnastics and want to compete in state and school competitions.

Tumbling and Trampoline

This class for any child who loves jumping and wants to learn skills on the mini tramp, tumble tramp, air floor and tumbling floor.

Rhythmic Gymnastics

We offer 3 levels of Rhythmic gymnastics:

• Recreation – for infant school students where the emphasis is on fun and physical fitness where they will develop flexibility, balance, strength and coordination skills.
  • Competitive – students compete for fun at regional, state and national level.
  • Elite – for selected gymnasts who display exceptional potential, talent and determination.

DANCE

Dance@KRB is an energetic, inclusive and creatively nurturing program offered across all age groups at Kincoppal-Rose Bay. Led by a passionate professional team, dancers experience the core components of coordination, rhythm, musicality, flexibility, posture, spatial awareness, skills acquisition and performance qualities. Classes are focused on fun and fitness and highlight social interaction, creativity and pure love of dance.  A highlight each year is the Dance@KRB Talent Quest where the students themselves provide the most wonderfully creative entertainment and the dance year culminates in the amazing End of Year Concert. 

Dance@KRB is a yearlong program and commitment for the full year is recommended.

Junior Dance Program

Dance Explorers (ELC: 3 Year Olds)

A non-gender specific dance experience for our youngest movers that explores movement through sound, feel, props and self-expression. Each lesson is themed and dancers are guided to explore the related movement. Highly creative and exploratory - a wonderful way to start the dance journey.

Ballet (Groups 1/2/3 - age based)
Group 1 - ELC:4 Year Olds, Group 2 - Kindy, Group 3 -Year 1

The class starts by gently exploring the fundamentals of ballet to introduce the dancer to technique and class structure and concludes with creative dance which allows the individual dancers to explore their own movement choices and experience creating their own dances. These two elements allow for freedom of expression and energy while being gently guided to achieve dance fundamentals.

Jazz (Groups 1/2/3 - Year based)
Group 1 - Years 1 & 2, Group 2 - Years 3 & 4, Group 3 -Years 5 & 6

An energetic class involving the student in progressive floor, combination and dance sequences, with a focus on flexibility, strength, coordination and performance skills. This class uses popular and/or iconic music to motivate and enthuse students, and to create awareness of musicality. It is a well-loved class and a great foundation for dancers to learn technique and performance skills whilst having fun.

Junior Performance Troupe (Years 4 - 6)

Junior school students will have the opportunity to join the Dance@KRB Performance Troupe. Dance styles vary each year for variety and typically include jazz, lyrical and musical theatre. This troupe will also include Junior Cheer Squad who perform annually at the Schools Spectacular Roosters event. Previous performances have also included MTC Official Opening, Spring Fair, Celebration of Achievement, Dance Talent Quest, 130 Yrs Music Gala, City of Sydney and Ryde Eisteddfod as well as school assemblies. 

Boys Hip Hop Crew 1: Years 1 and 2

Hip Hop Crews are an excellent ‘team sport’ that integrate the elements of musicality, coordination and rhythm with the physicality and strength typical of hip hop. A hugely popular class for the boys with regular performances throughout the year to showcase their developing skills. Focus is also given to developing individual tricks for the crew to master.

Senior Dance Program

Senior Performance Troupe: Years 7− 12

Senior school students will have the opportunity to join the Dance @ KRB Performance Troupe. Dance styles vary each year for variety and typically include jazz, lyrical and musical theatre. Previous performances have included MTC Official Opening, Spring Fair, Celebration of Achievement, Dance Talent Quest, 130 Yrs Music Gala, City of Sydney and Ryde Eisteddfod as well as school assemblies.

RECREATION 

Chess: Years K − 6

Learning chess is a great opportunity to improve your mental powers, including problem-solving skills, logical thinking ability and concentration, while having fun at the same time.

There are several chess classes each week conducted as an Accomplishment in the Junior School. Classes are suitable for beginners to the more advanced players, and are open to children from Kindergarten to Year 6. 

Beginner classes emphasise developing basic rules, moves and skills.

Intermediate lessons will focus on checkmating patterns, tactics, strategy, openings, and chess technique to build upon what they have already learned. 

Coaching for Kindergarten to Year 6 available, please contact provider.

Chess: Years 7 – 12

Chess classes will be split into two parts: learning and playing. The following aspects of the game will be taught in the senior classes

• Opening set ups
  • Checkmate patterns
  • Tactics and strategy
  • Improving endgame understanding and technique

Register Now 

Thank you for your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
There was a problem sending your message.
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Would you like to ask us a quick question? If so please fill in your details below and we will respond to your enquiry shortly.

Send Enquiry
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Send Enquiry