Sport & Fitness

SPORT & FITNESS

Tennis

To enquire about tennis please email Mr Jed Gould: gouldj@krb.nsw.edu.au or tennis@krb.nsw.edu.au

Tennis lessons are organised through Jed Gould the Director of Tennis. Students are grouped according to age and standard, this allows students to progress at their own pace. There is a pathway from ELC through to the senior school.

In Term 4 there is IPSHA tennis for the Junior School players and in Term 1 and 4 there is IGGSA tennis for players in the senior school. Students in the Tildesley Squad are required to play tennis as their Saturday Sport.

There are some set tennis classes which are outlined on the weekly schedule below. All other class times will be confirmed by your tennis coach prior to commencement of tennis lessons. 

Both Junior School Tennis Championships and Senior School Championships are held in Term 4. KRB has an annual Family Tennis Day.

Term 1 Tennis classes will start from week 2. All other terms will commence from the first week of term.

Make up lessons will be scheduled during the semester.

Hot Shots Tennis – Sophie’s Cottage, Joigny through to Year 4 Students
Hot Shots is Tennis Australia’s official development program especially designed for children. Smaller courts, racquets and softer tennis balls that don’t bounce too high make learning tennis fun and easy. The tailored equipment ensures children are introduced to tennis in an environment which is suited to their age and skills level and therefore are able to start rallying, having fun and success right from their first tennis experience.

The courts are smaller too, which makes it easier for children to play on. It also helps students develop realistic footwork patterns and encourages them to use all parts of the court. There are four progressive stages each identified by a colour– Blue, Red, Orange and Green – that help to develop children’s skills and confidence.

Group of 3 Tennis LessonJunior and Senior School
A group of 3 Tennis lesson is a nice way to enjoy tennis with class friends of a similar age and standard. There is more social interaction in this lesson and it is a good balance between developing skills and having fun with tennis.

Group of 2 Tennis Lesson – Junior and Senior School
Group of 2 lessons are more intense and recommended to students who are focused on improving their skills and playing competitive tennis. Students will quite often be joined on court with their coach to participate in hitting drills and specific match play exercises.

Individual Tennis Lesson - Junior and Senior School
Individual tennis lessons are suitable for students of all ages and standards. Some students prefer to take lessons on their own rather than be in a group. Coaches work on specific technique each week to assist with technical development.

Junior School Tildesley Squad Years 2 – 6 students (Standard to be approved by Coaches)
The Junior School Tildesley squad is for the more advanced Junior School tennis athletes who would like an opportunity to develop their match play skills and work towards representing KRB in IPSHA Tennis and Tildesley. Technique is developed, along with fitness, movement and the ability to serve and return at a consistent level. 

Friday Afternoon Tennis Competition – Years 3 – 8 (Suitable for players who can serve and rally the ball)
Friday afternoon tennis competition is supervised by one of our coaching staff at KRB. Students will play matches while our coach works with them on court positioning, scoring, tactics and understanding the game of tennis in a match situation.

Future Tildesley Squad – Year 6 and above (Standard to be approved by Coaches)
The Future Tildesley Squad is for senior school students (And a handful of Year 6 students) who are just below the standard of the KRB Tildesley Team. The training includes time on court and also a fitness program. Training runs all year round.

Tildesley Tennis Squad – Senior School (Standard to be approved by Coaches)
The Tildesley Tennis Squad is for the top tennis players at KRB. The team trains year round twice per week (Term 1). The Tildesley Tennis tournament is on at the end of Term 1 and there are other events during the year including tournaments.

Gymnastics

The Gymnastics accomplishment conducts classes for Girls and Boys Artistic Gymnastics and Rhythmic Gymnastics. Artistic gymnastics uses vault, bars, beam, floor and trampoline to teach students various skills for their age and ability.

The Gymnastics Accomplishment competes in Girls, Boys and Rhythmic Gymnastics competition at IGSSA, IPSHA, State Championships, and Invitational events.

We have designed a timetable to allow flexibility and which is appropriate for your child’s ability and commitment to the sport. Below is a guideline for parents so they can choose the appropriate class or classes.

Each child has different needs so if you have any questions, please contact:

Teacher:

Karina Jones

M: 0404 489 756
E: gymnastics@krb.nsw.edu.au.

SOPHIE’S COTTAGE CLASSES

This class is for children who are 3-4 years. The classes are designed to teach gymnastics skills, gross and fine motor skills in a fun environment on all the apparatus.

ELC CLASSES

This class is for children who are 4-5 years. The classes are designed to teach gymnastics skills on bars, beam, trampoline, floor and vault. The focus is on developing fundamental gymnastics skills and movement.

RECREATION CLASSES

KINDY-YEAR 1

This class is for beginners or children who have been doing gymnastics previously. The classes are designed to teach gymnastics skills on bars, beam, trampoline, floor and vault. The focus is on developing fundamental gymnastics skills and movement.

LEVEL 1-2

This class is for gymnasts who attend once a week and want to compete at competitions or further their gymnastics skills. The gymnast learns skills and routines set by Gymnastics NSW.

LEVEL 3-4

This class is for children who attend gymnastics twice or more a week and want to compete in State Trials and School competitions. All gymnasts will have the opportunity to compete at suitable gymnastics events.

LEVEL 5-6

This class is for gymnasts that are highly competitive and are at a very experienced level of gymnastics. The girls need to attend gymnastics twice or more a week. These gymnasts compete at State Championships, Invitational events and School competitions.

Tumbling and Trampoline and Team gym

This class is for any child who loves jumping. This is a group and individual class. They will learn skills on Tumble Floor, Tumble Tramp, Mini tramp and a group routine.

Rhythmic Gymnastics

RhythmicTeacher:

Marianna Lendvai

M: 0410 205 771
E: rgymnastics@krb.nsw.edu.au.

Rhythmic gymnastics is a combination of ballet, dance and gymnastics skills on the floor with hand apparatus which includes rope, ball, clubs, ribbon and hoop.

We offer 3 levels of Rhythmic gymnastics.

Recreation - for infant school students where the emphasis is on fun and physical fitness and they will develop flexibility, balance, strength and coordination skills.

Competitive Levels- students compete for fun at Regional, State and National level.

Elite - for selected gymnasts who display exceptional potential, talent and determination.

Dance & Performance – Dance @ KRB 2018

Dance @ KRB is an energetic, inclusive and creatively nurturing program offered across all age groups at Kincoppal-Rose Bay.  Led by the REDed (Raw Energy Dance Education) team who are current industry professionals, dancers will experience the core components of co-ordination, rhythm, musicality, flexibility, posture, spatial awareness, skill acquisition and performance qualities. All lessons are specifically planned for progressive development of skill acquisition to aid the dancer across all physical activities in their life. Monday and Wednesday classes come with the option of full afternoon supervision.

All dancers perform in the End of Year Dance Concert and the optional mid year Talent/Disco.

Dance is a year long program and commitment for the full year is highly recommended.

Director of Dance:

Dale Pope

M: 0410 320 299
E: dale@reded.com.au.

Year

Class

ELC / Kindy Ballet

Explores dance through strong ballet fundamentals and allows for the dancers creative freedom to shine through.

Full afternoon supervision available from 3.00-5.30pm.

Year 1 and 2 Ballet / Contemporary

Continues the dancer’s journey with strong ballet fundamentals, progressing to barre work and further development of creative expression with contemporary elements to diversify the dancer’s experience.

Year 1 and 2 Jazz

An energetic class involving the student in progressive floor, combination and dance sequences, with a focus on flexibility, strength, co-ordination and performance skills.

Kindy-Year 4 Hip Hop Crew

Excellent ‘team sport’ highlighting individual and full crew tricks and skills learning. This class has a very solid progressive structure to learn and achieve core hip hop / break dance tricks.

Full afternoon supervision available from 3.00-6.00pm.

Year 3 and 4 Jazz / Contemporary

Focusing on the fundamentals of technical training in both jazz and contemporary. This dance class offers diversity of movement through these two styles, building strong and flexible bodies with access a fuller range of movement.

Year 5 and 6 Jazz / Contemporary

Year 7+ Dance Fit

(Sport activity - enrol via SPORT)

Now classified as a ‘sport’ this is a fabulous way to improve across many areas of physicality. A fast paced fitness focused class using dance movements and includes barre strength work.

Dance Accomplishment Commitment - semester commitment is required, however dance is a year long program and therefore commitment for the full year is highly recommended.

Talent Quest and Disco - optional attendance. Tentative date: 15 June 2018

End of Year Dance Concert - compulsory attendance. Incurs a costume hire fee of approx. $45 per dancer (subject to change). Tentative date: 24 November 2018.

Recreation

Chess: Years K-6

Learning chess is a great opportunity to improve your mental powers, including problem-solving skills, logical thinking ability and concentration, while having fun at the same time.

There are two different chess classes on offer each week, conducted as an accomplishment in the Junior School.

Register Now 

Thank you for your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
There was a problem sending your message.
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Would you like to ask us a quick question? If so please fill in your details below and we will respond to your enquiry shortly.

Send Enquiry
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Send Enquiry