Homework Centre & Extended Day

The KRB Homework Centre

On Monday to Thursday inclusive the school runs a Homework Centre situated in the Mary Agnes O’Neil Library. Its purpose is to provide a secure, supervised homework environment where research is made easier by ready access to physical resources, technology and where professional guidance is at hand.

Librarians are available to assist students with their research and IT needs. In addition, teachers and tutors from different subject areas are on roster and students are able to obtain assistance with their homework or assignment preparation.

Day students are welcome to use the facilities and services on offer without prior notification to the school. No charge is made for day students using the Library after school and no charge is made for use of the teachers in the Homework Centre.

Extended Day

In addition, should day school parents wish, a more formalised structure can be accessed by enrolling their daughters (on either a permanent or casual basis) in our Extended Day Enrolment Program.

In this program day students join boarders for afternoon tea and dinner and are under the care of Library staff. The Extended Day Enrolment Program is open to all Year 5–12 day students.

Students enrolled in the Extended Day Program will be billed to cover the cost of afternoon tea and dinner (charged to school accounts). Registrations will be taken at Senior Student Reception (9388 6023) or Junior School Reception (9388 6080) with cut-off time being 10am on the day for casual bookings. Longer-term arrangements can be made through Student Reception at any time.

Boarders are able to use all of the facilities in the evening. This forms part of their normal homework routine.

Extended Day Enrolment Program Years 5 –12

Procedures for Day Students

10.00am

Parents notify Junior or Senior Student Reception

3.15 pm

Students must sign in to Student Reception immediately at the end of the school day

3.15 pm

Afternoon Tea available in the Boarder's Dining Room

3.30 – 6.00 pm

Sports practice, Choir/Orchestra, Drama or personal study in the Library/Homework Centre. Extended Day students are to always remain on the school premises.

6.00pm

Dinner in the Boarder’s Dining Room

6.30pm

Study in Library/Homework Centre

Up to 8.30pm

Students should be collected from the Library by a parent or guardian.

For more details, please contact the Head of Library and Information Services, Sonia Munn munns@krb.nsw.edu.au or Donna Kratochvil kratochvild@krb.nsw.edu.au

Thank you for your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
There was a problem sending your message.
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Would you like to ask us a quick question? If so please fill in your details below and we will respond to your enquiry shortly.

Send Enquiry
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Send Enquiry