The Five Goals of a Sacred Heart Education

All schools of the Sacred Heart throughout the world are connected by the educational vision of Saint Madeleine Sophie Barat, Foundress of the Society of the Sacred Heart. Madeleine Sophie’s vision is articulated in the five goals of a Sacred Heart education that provide guidance to our everyday lives:

• A personal and active faith in God: We nurture faith.  Students are encouraged to reflect on their life experiences in the light of scriptures to deepen the meaning of their lives.
  • A deep respect for intellectual values: We impart a love of learning.  Students understand that learning involves many experiences beyond the classroom and that is a lifelong privilege.
  • The building of community as a Christian value: We strive to provide a strong sense of community underpinned by Christian values.  We encourage students to live as alert and responsible citizens.
  • A social awareness which impels to action: We help students understand and appreciate differences in race, religion and culture, and we encourage them to act against oppression and injustice.
  • Personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom: We encourage students to be aware of their strengths and limitations and to recognise how they can make a difference.

Kincoppal-Rose Bay is committed to working towards these five goals. Every year, one of the Sacred Heart goals is selected as the focus goal and the School community works towards living out that goal in their everyday lives.

The spiritual inspiration and focus of Kincoppal-Rose Bay is embodied in the School's motto ‘Cor Unum’. The meaning is understood more if seen in its full context, One Heart and One Mind in the Heart of Jesus. The primary purpose of the school is to give an education of the highest standard which will help students to become mature and committed Christians in the world today.

Thank you for your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
There was a problem sending your message.
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Would you like to ask us a quick question? If so please fill in your details below and we will respond to your enquiry shortly.

Send Enquiry
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Send Enquiry