Starting at KRB

Preparation for the First School Day

Starting at a new school means there are plenty of things to take care of before the first day. This page contains information about:

• Starting information package
  • School uniforms
  • Textbooks
  • Health Information Forms
  • First days at school and settling in.

Information Package

Prior to commencement we will mail a package to you containing information about starting at KRB, including:

• Arrangements for the start of the school year 
  • School Calendar and commencement dates 
  • Uniform Lists & Uniform shop opening hours 
  • Transport Information (as required) 
  • Textbook List 
  • Brochure on ‘How our School Community Works’ 
  • Accomplishment Activities Handbook (Music, Drama etc) 
  • Sports Handbook 
  • Fee Schedule 
  • Health Information Form 
  • For boarding families, the Boarding School Handbook and related paperwork will be provided.

School Uniform

The KRB School Shop stocks all uniform requirements except shoes. New and second hand uniforms are available. The Shop is open Tuesdays and Fridays from 8am to 4.00pm, plus on some designated days prior to the commencement of the new school year or by prior arrangement for new students enrolling at short notice. 

The average cost for Junior School uniform is $900. 

The average cost for the Senior School uniform is $1,000.

P: +61 2 9388 6046 
E: krbshop@krb.nsw.edu.au

Textbooks

On average book costs are:

• Stage 1 $65 
  • Stage 2 $65 
  • Stage 3 $205 
  • Stage 4 $475.

In the Senior School some books can be resold at the second hand book sale held at the end of each year. 

Health Information Form

A Health Information Form must be completed on behalf of every enrolling student and lodged with the Business Office. It is important that any relevant information regarding the physical, social and/or emotional condition of a student be provided.

Matters of sensitivity or confidentiality should be first raised with the Principal or Head of Junior School at interview.

In the event of emergencies the school needs to keep up-to-date information on file regarding the names and contact numbers of a backup person.

The First Days of School and Settling In

All students are warmly welcomed and cared for at KRB. On arrival for their first day new students will be met at our School Reception. Junior School children go to the Junior School Reception and Senior students to the Senior School Main Reception. Key staff meet your daughter and/or son at reception and introduce them to their new school day.

Buddies are appointed to introduce new students to specialist staff, familiarise them with the school facilities, and introduce them to other students especially at recess and lunch times. 

Junior School Class Teachers (Prep – Year 6), Senior School Year Coordinators, Pastoral Mentors and Boarding House Coordinators are significant staff members who assist in the settling in process for new students:

• In the Junior School your child’s teacher is the first point of contact  
  • In the Senior School the Year Coordinator is the person to contact in relation to settling in issues 
  • In Boarding the Head of House is the key point of contact 
  • Student Mentors are allocated to assist in the process and to facilitate introductions to key members of staff.

Joigny Centre students and Kindergarten – Year 6

'Meet a Friend Day’ for Joigny Centre children and a separate Orientation Day for Kindergarten to Year 6 new students is planned for the beginning of the school year. Various short presentations by the Head of Junior School and key staff are followed by opportunities to meet other parents and students and spend some time in their new classrooms. At the start of the year interviews with classroom teachers are also planned before classes commence.

Senior School

All new students enjoy familiarity tours and an induction program. Trained mentors of the same age help our new students in their first weeks of school. Students are allocated to pastoral groups with a Pastoral Mentor who meets with them every day.

Year 7 and new students in Years 8 - 11 undergo diagnostic testing during Term 1. The results assist teachers with the placement of students into classes and are particularly helpful to specialist staff such as the Special Education teacher and the Coordinator of the Extension and Enrichment Programs.

Boarding

A welcome function and orientation for families new to boarding is planned annually. This is usually in Term 4 prior to the commencement year of the new boarding family. Invitations are posted to advise our new families of the special welcome event. The welcome function is a wonderful opportunity for our new boarders to meet one another and new parents and guardians to learn more about boarding and meet staff.

As well, at the commencement of the year, all boarding families are invited to stay for dinner with their daughters on the first night back.

Thank you for your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
There was a problem sending your message.
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Would you like to ask us a quick question? If so please fill in your details below and we will respond to your enquiry shortly.

Send Enquiry
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Send Enquiry