The Benefits of Co-Education
I am inspired to become a teacher because of my experience at Barat Burn.

'A strong reason for co-education is that separating children for a number of years means they will not be mixing and learning about each other.' - Professor Simon Baron-Cohen, Professor of Developmental Psychopathology at the University of Cambridge and Fellow at Trinity College, Cambridge. 

At KRB we embrace the importance of co-education at Junior School level. Both boys and girls at KRB have an opportunity to grow and develop through their co-educational experience. At KRB we structure our learning environment to ensure that students get the most out of their education and are well prepared for secondary school.  

It is clear that boys benefit enormously by learning in a co-educational environment. They learn how to participate better in class discussions through their interaction with girls and girls learn to take risks with their problem solving through their interaction with boys. In the classroom we plan educational opportunities that meet the different ability levels and learning styles of our students regardless of gender. 

We also offer many opportunities for children to interact with the same gender to encourage or discourage particular behaviours and by creating norms that guide children’s behaviour. Popular father and son events include adventure afternoons, sport and various outdoor education activities. Similarly, our mother and daughter events include a special Mother’s Day Morning Tea, classroom work and various outdoor education activities.

We believe we offer a unique set of learning opportunities and experiences for boys that are not always provided at an all boys school. These experiences are also provided for our girls with all the children able to benefit by having both genders participating. It is significant to reflect on the high achievement of KRB boys and their participation and achievement in all areas of school life. The positive feedback we receive from the secondary schools that our boys join in Year 7 and from the boys in career mode is always exceptional.

Thank you for your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
There was a problem sending your message.
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Would you like to ask us a quick question? If so please fill in your details below and we will respond to your enquiry shortly.

Send Enquiry
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Send Enquiry