Our staff are our most valuable asset

Junior School Teacher-Librarian

Permanent full-time from Term 2, 2017

This pivotal role is an integral member of our whole of school library team, and reports to the Head of Library Services ELC to 12. It is a permanent full-time position, and will commence in Term 2, 2017.

Essential Criteria

• Preparedness to commit to the Mission of a Catholic school, and the goals of Sacred Heart education
  • Capacity to contribute to the School's Strategic and Operational Plans
  • Qualifications in Education, with BOSTES accreditation to teach in NSW 
  • Experience in evidence-based practice for learning and teaching
  • Innovative practitioner able to develop effective and creative learning programs 
  • Knowledge of online learning and digital literacy programs, and experience in delivering these to students in years ELC­ to 6
  • Interest and experience in developing children's literacy skills and love of literature
  • Ability to be agile and flexible to meet community needs.

Desirable Criteria

• At least 5 years successful classroom experience
  • Masters level qualification in teacher librarianship
  • Experience in developing a community of practice.

To apply please click here.

Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday 27 February 2017.

Gap Year Program - July 2017 to June 2018

Applications for our next Gap Year Program are now open!

What is It?

‚ÄčA gap year is usually taken at the end of secondary education studies, and allows the chance to experience life and work abroad, before commencing university or full-time work back home.

What's Involved?

In term time our 'Gappies' assist across key areas of the school, live in their own flat on campus, have meals provided, and receive a small allowance. For the other 15 weeks of their twelve month placement (e.g. during term breaks) they are expected to vacate their accommodation and travel, either individually or together, and at their own expense.

Why Kincoppal-Rose Bay (KRB)?

Not only can we boast one of the most beautiful settings in the world, but our School Community is one many "Gappies" are sad to leave at the end of their twelve month placement. Students and staff are greatly respected for their individual gifts, and in exchange for loyalty, hard work and a cooperative attitude, we hope to offer you the experience of a lifetime!

Interested?

If by mid-July 2017 you will be over 18 years of age, can commit to a full twelve months from this time (unfortunately no later commencements possible), and have a proven ability to work diligently and respectfully with others, we’d love to hear from you.

For further information please click here.

To apply please click here.

Information for Candidates 

• Positions at KRB are designated as child-related employment, and successful candidates will need to obtain their own Working With Children (WWC) number in accordance with the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012. Click on the link for details on obtaining your Working With Children Check Clearance. 
  • Kincoppal-Rose Bay School is a registered provider under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000. As a registered provider (CRICOS 02268M) Kincoppal-Rose Bay is required to adhere to the regulatory framework and requirements under New South Wales and Commonwealth Legislation and Guidelines in delivering pastoral care, welfare and education services for overseas students on 571 visas. Accordingly, prospective employees must be able to demonstrate that they are suitably qualified, experienced and able to provide quality teaching, learning and pastoral care to overseas students.  This includes an appreciation for, and cultural sensitivity to people from Non-English Speaking Backgrounds.
Thank you for your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
There was a problem sending your message.
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Would you like to ask us a quick question? If so please fill in your details below and we will respond to your enquiry shortly.

Send Enquiry
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Send Enquiry