New Students

Starting at a new school can be a very daunting experience. A new student most likely does not know anybody, nor do they know their way around or what to do at certain times. To assist students with the transition to their new school, Kincoppal-Rose Bay has several programs in place:

Transition and Orientation Programs

The Transition and Orientation Programs at Kincoppal-Rose Bay aim to ensure the smooth transition of students in the Senior School.

The Transition Program is for new students entering Year 7 and focuses on such things as planning and organisational skills and making and accepting new friends.

The Orientation Program is for all new students in Years 7 - 12. This program focuses on removing the anxiety of starting at a new school by introducing students to their Year Coordinator and other important people involved in their life at school. Students go on a tour of the school grounds and buildings and are introduced to the Sacred Heart philosophy of the School.

On Orientation Day students are also introduced to a Student Mentor who will meet them on their first day of school and assist in the transition phase of starting life at a new school. Boarding students are also invited to stay for the night after Orientation Day for a boarding experience.

The School also offers a Big Sister / Little Sister Program. As part of this program all students in Year 7 are assigned a ‘Big Sister’ in Year 8. These students maintain this relationship with their Big Sister / Little Sister for the remainder of their time at KRB.  

Mentor Program 

All new students are assigned a student mentor on their entry into Kincoppal-Rose Bay. A mentor can help new students settle in by being a contact person, a source of advice and a friendly face. In order to become a mentor KRB students must undertake a Mentor Program.

The goals of the Mentoring Program are:

For Mentors

• To develop skills in helping other people
  • To develop leadership skills such as good communication, empathy and initiative
  • To become aware of how people feel and what their needs may be
  • To feel success through helping others.

For New Students

• To feel happy, safe and secure in their new school
  • To feel connected to the Kincoppal-Rose Bay School community
  • To make new friends
  • To complete a successful transition to their new school.
Thank you for your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
There was a problem sending your message.
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Would you like to ask us a quick question? If so please fill in your details below and we will respond to your enquiry shortly.

Send Enquiry
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Send Enquiry