HSC Achievements

The achievement of our Higher School Certificate (HSC) students year after year is a testament to our educational approach and the support of our school community.

2015 HSC RESULTS

Achievement highlights include:

• Frances Ryan achieved an ATAR of 99.85, making her the Dux of the Class of 2015 and the recipient of the Distinction in Studies Award. Frances also achieved third place in NSW for Economics as well as the honour of being an All-Round Achiever

• Monica Jones was awarded fourth in the State for Chinese Continuers, an extraordinary achievement for a student who was a part of the first class of students to study Mandarin to HSC level at KRB

• KRB ranked 14th in the state for English, which is the only compulsory subject for the HSC

• KRB students achieved 134 mentions on the Distinguished Achievers List for 2015 and four mentions for accelerated courses in 2014

• KRB was ranked 45th in the State, based on the number of Distinguished Achievers

• Francesca Daniel and Sophia Grady's major works in HSC Drama were selected for inclusion in Drama's OnStage

• Sophia Kondilios, Stephanie Dammann, Congcong Wu and Bijanka Bacic's body of works in HSC Visual Arts were nominated for ArtExpress. Stephanie's body of work has been selected for exhibition.

The ATAR scores of the top performing students include:

• Frances Ryan achieved an ATAR of 99.85.  Frances is now the Dux of the Class of 2015 and the recipient of the KRB Distinction in Studies Award. Frances was also Head of the Student Representative Council. Frances started at KRB in Year 4.

• Monica Jones - 98.60. Monica was a Blue Ribbon recipient in 2015 and commenced at KRB in Year 7.

• Laura Wotherspoon - 98.20. Laura was Captain of Stuart House and a Blue Ribbon recipient in 2015. Laura started at KRB in Year 9 and was a Boarder from Wagga Wagga.

In 2015, Year 12 students from Kincoppal-Rose Bay School achieved a total of 134 mentions on the ‘Distinguished Achievers’ List.

View our 2015 Distinguished Achievers' List

2014 HSC RESULTS

Achievement highlights include:

• Both Lucy Miller and Zhenyi (Carrie) Wang achieved an ATAR of 99.85, making them joint Dux of the Class of 2014 and combined recipients of the Distinction in Studies Award
  • Zhenyi (Carrie) Wang achieved 1st place in the subject, English as a Second Language
  • KRB ranked 17th in the state for English (ranked numerically).
  • Four students achieved an ATAR over 99.
  • 21% students achieved an ATAR above 95.
  • Approximately 40% students achieved an ATAR above 90.
  • Seven students are All Round Achievers, which means 10% of the year group scored more than 90 in at least ten HSC units
  • Five students were only one or two units from becoming All Round Achievers

Places in the State:

• Zhenyi (Carrie) Wang was placed 1st in the State in English as a Second Language out of 2,316 candidates. Carrie attended the First in Course Ceremony on Tuesday 16 December, where she was awarded the Certificate for Excellence by NSW Education Minister Adrian Piccoli.

The ATAR scores of the top performing students, which are 5% of the cohort, include:

• Lucy Miller and Zhenyi (Carrie) Wang both achieved an ATAR of 99.85.  Lucy and Carrie are now joint Dux of the Class of 2014 and the recipients of the KRB Distinction in Studies Award.

• Lucy was House Captain of Arakoola and a Blue Ribbon recipient. Lucy commenced at KRB in ELC.

• Zhenyi was the Head of International Students and was the recipient of the Peg Magoffin Memorial Trophy in 2014. Carrie started at KRB in Year 10.

• Eloise Gibbs - 99.55. Eloise was a Blue Ribbon recipient in 2014. Eloise commenced at KRB in Year 7.

• Zoe Sigalla - 99.25. Zoe was Debating Captain and a Blue Ribbon recipient in 2014. Zoe started at KRB in ELC.

In 2014, Year 12 students from Kincoppal-Rose Bay School achieved a total of 105 mentions on the ‘Distinguished Achievers’ List.

View our 2014 Distinguished Achievers' List

2013 HSC RESULTS

KRB’s overall results have seen the school ranked 49 in The Sydney Morning Herald’s list of Top 100 Schools. Across all courses, 69% of students were awarded in the top two bands (Band 5 and 6, E3 and E4).

Achievement highlights include:

• 100% of KRB students achieved in the top two bands (E3 or E4) in Extension Units
  • 93% of KRB students achieved in the top two bands for Visual Arts
  • 52% of KRB students achieved an ATAR over 90.

Places in the State:

• Philippa Harrison was placed 14th in the State in Modern History out of 10,597 candidates.
  • Rebecca Ryan was placed 20th in the State in Ancient History out of 11,936 candidates
  • KRB students ranked 20th place in the State for English*
  • KRB students were ranked 32nd place in the State for Mathematics.*

*based on a percentile ranking

The ATAR scores of the top performing students, which are 7% of the cohort, include:

• Philippa Harrison - 99.50.  Philippa is now the Dux of the Class of 2013 and the recipient of the KRB Distinction in Studies Award. Philippa was a Blue Ribbon Recipient and the inaugural winner of the Principal’s Award for Resilience in 2013. Philippa is a boarder from Wagga Wagga
  • Mary-Grace Brunker - 98.60. Mary Grace was Head Girl 2012-2013 and the recipient of the Archbishop of Sydney Award in 2013
  • Rebecca Ryan - 98.15.  Rebecca was House Captain of Kungala House and a Blue Ribbon Recipient
  • Sarah Smith - 98.05. Sarah was the Head of the Boarding SRC and the Sacred Heart Award recipient for 2013. Sarah is a boarder from Nevertire.

In 2013, Year 12 students from Kincoppal-Rose Bay School achieved a total of 90 mentions on the ‘Distinguished Achievers’ List in 2013. They also achieved 297 band 6 or band 5s.

View our 2013 Distinguished Achiever's List 

2012 HSC RESULTS

KRB’s overall results have seen the school ranked 34 in The Sydney Morning Herald’s list of Top 100 Schools – an increase of two places from 2011 and a significant achievement for a school which is not academically selective.

Achievement highlights include:

• 8% of KRB students achieved an ATAR over 99.
  • 14% of KRB students achieved an ATAR over 98

• Olivia Templeman – 99.85, making Olivia Dux of the year group and the recipient of the KRB Distinction in Studies Award. Olivia was also Head Girl 2011-2012.
  • Isabella Ledden – 99.75
  • Alice Russo – 99.70
  • Brea Comino – 99.50
  • Madeleine Miller – 99.40
  • Sophie Harrison – 99.35
  • Lauren Marcos – 99.35

View the Distinguished Achievers List.

2011 HSC RESULTS

Achievement highlights include:

• 11% of KRB students achieved an ATAR over 98.
  • 25% of KRB students achieved an ATAR over 95.
  • 45% of KRB students achieved an ATAR over 90.
  • 65% of KRB students achieved an ATAR over 85.

2010 HSC RESULTS

The HSC Class of 2010 achieved outstanding results across all subjects.

Achievement highlights include:

• 6% of KRB students achieved an ATAR over 99.
  • 20% of KRB students achieved an ATAR over 95.
  • 30% of KRB students achieved an ATAR over 90.
  • 50% of KRB students achieved an ATAR over 85.

Other achievements in 2010 include:

• 100% of KRB students performed in the top two bands for English (E3 and E4).
  • 100% of KRB students performed in the top two bands for Mathematics Extension 2 (E3 and E4).
  • 77 KRB students featured on the Distinguished Achievers List for Mathematics.
  • The Dramatic performances of Gisele de Chateau and Amelia Scarf were nominated for OnSTAGE.
  • The Visual Arts work of Giulia Frediani was nominated for ARTEXPRESS.
Thank you for your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
There was a problem sending your message.
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Would you like to ask us a quick question? If so please fill in your details below and we will respond to your enquiry shortly.

Send Enquiry
All fields are mandatory!
Quick Enquiry

Send Enquiry